Percival Scientific engineers environmental chambers for a wide variety of applications for universities, colleges, government institutions and private industry both domestically and internationally. Our highly customized products are used in Plant Pathology, Agronomy/Crop Science, Ecology/Environmental Biology, Genetics, Horticulture, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Indoor Agriculture, Pharmaceutical, and Biomedical applications around the world. We have grown to represent a rich tradition of product ingenuity and reliability and are proud to support scientific initiatives that accelerate cutting edge research in areas such as climate change, food production and human health.
Our facility encompasses all engineering, design, fabrication, testing and validation of our extensive product lines, and allows Percival Scientific to control the entire manufacturing process. This ensures customers receive the best performing, highest quality products possible – something upon which they have come to depend.
Percival Scientific’s strong reputation for product ingenuity and reliability has become recognized throughout the world. With a history that spans more than a century, our company continues in its commitment to support research that will impact the future.
If you are looking for a career with an extraordinary company in an exciting field, Percival Scientific is the place for you!
Fill out the form below to submit a resume.
Job duties include final assembly of scientific equipment, electrical and mechanical subassemblies, field installations and various other related tasks. Preferred candidates will have some level of technical experience or training in welding, powder coat painting, construction, electrical, mechanical, or similar trades. The right individual should be self-motivated, have the ability to multitask, have good communication skills, and be a team player.
Percival Scientific provides a clean and stable work environment with a competitive benefit package and hourly wages of $20 per hour with an annual increase. Please email resume to hiringgroup@percival-
505 Research Drive
If you’d like to apply for any of the Production Positions above, you may download the Percival Job Application here.
Territory Sales Manager
Reports to: Sales Manager
- Direct interface with customers
- Outbound prospecting via account/contact research and cold calling to generate and uncover opportunities
- Achieve or exceed goal for qualified meetings on a monthly basis
- Research targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call
- Produce high level of call and email activity daily
- Expand company and competitive product and market knowledge via website, online webinars, and marketing information
- Manage and log activity in CRM system
- Develop and implement strategies to drive new customer sales growth within the current open territory
- Provide detailed product knowledge using highly persuasive presentation skills
- Work with Sales Support Specialist to ensure prompt and accurate product quotes are sent to potential customers
- Support aspects of order entry which include specifications, production requirements, production methods, scheduling, order entry, order tracking and problem resolution
- Resolve customer inquiries by investigating problems; developing solutions; offering prompt resolutions; making recommendations to Sales Manager
- Contact clients on a regular basis to maintain good relationships.
- Responsible for submitting activity and results reports, daily call reports, weekly work plans, along with monthly and annual territory analyses
- Attract potential customers by answering product and application questions. Assist with lead follow-up as necessary. Maintain regular contact with prospects
- Travel 1 week per month minimum. Would include sales visits and tradeshows. Some weekend travel is required. Responsible for booking all travel and maintain expense reports.
- Has an interest in agriculture and technology – Preferred but not required
- Sales Background with preference in field sales and presentations
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prefer knowledge of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software system
- Ability to work collaboratively with the sales team
- Is well-organized, self-motivated and driven by success individually and in a team environment
- Is at ease on the phone and able to engage diverse personalities