Percival Scientific engineers environmental chambers for a wide variety of applications for universities, colleges, government institutions and private industry both domestically and internationally. Our highly customized products are used in Plant Pathology, Agronomy/Crop Science, Ecology/Environmental Biology, Genetics, Horticulture, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Indoor Agriculture, Pharmaceutical, and Biomedical applications around the world. We have grown to represent a rich tradition of product ingenuity and reliability and are proud to support scientific initiatives that accelerate cutting edge research in areas such as climate change, food production and human health.
Our facility encompasses all engineering, design, fabrication, testing and validation of our extensive product lines, and allows Percival Scientific to control the entire manufacturing process. This ensures customers receive the best performing, highest quality products possible – something upon which they have come to depend.
Percival Scientific’s strong reputation for product ingenuity and reliability has become recognized throughout the world. With a history that spans more than a century, our company continues in its commitment to support research that will impact the future.
If you are looking for a career with an extraordinary company in an exciting field, Percival Scientific is the place for you!
Fill out the form below to submit a resume.
Why are you interested in this position with Percival Scientific?
Why would you be a great fit for this role?
Please describe your experience with design, testing, validation and manufacturing support and please let us know if you have experience with HVAC, refrigeration and/or electrical systems design.
What are your compensation expectations? (number or range is fine)
Job duties include final assembly of scientific equipment, electrical and mechanical subassemblies, field installations and various other related tasks. Preferred candidates will have some level of technical experience or training in welding, powder coat painting, construction, electrical, mechanical, or similar trades. The right individual should be self-motivated, have the ability to multitask, have good communication skills, and be a team player.
Percival Scientific provides a clean and stable work environment with a competitive benefit package and hourly wages of $20 per hour with an annual increase. Please email resume to hiringgroup@percival-
505 Research Drive
If you’d like to apply for any of the Production Positions above, you may download the Percival Job Application here.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and/or customization of Percival’s products to meet our customers’ unique requirements, and to provide technical support during manufacturing, testing, validation and installation phases of each project. Percival’s highly customized products are treated as individual projects and are built to order through Percival’s manufacturing system.
The successful candidate will work with Percival’s engineering team on the development of our core controlled environment chamber systems, and on leveraging those core systems into custom solutions for our diverse customer base.
This candidate needs to be able to thrive in a team atmosphere through their professionalism, communication, organizational skills, and self-motivation.
Although project timelines are typically fast-paced, Percival offers a relaxed, fun, and rewarding work environment.
Reports To: VP and Sr. VP of Engineering
Duties and Expectations:
- Coordinate, engineer and monitor assigned projects
- Interface with customers and Percival’s sales team as needed at the inception of each project in support of developing project requirements documentation, technical specifications and other design requirements
- Identify applicable project specifications, codes, performance standards, or practices
- Decompose customer narratives and project specifications into project design requirements
- Oversee all technical aspects of the project’s design under the supervision of senior engineers and project managers
- Prepare technical drawing packages, bills of materials, testing and validation requirements documents and other work instructions for manufacturing
- Provide technical support for projects as they move through the manufacturing and testing processes
- Facilitate the accomplishment of strategic engineering initiatives as described in the organization’s yearly business plan
- Collaborate with project managers, peers, and supervisors in the engineering department as well as other project participants and stakeholders to satisfy customer requirements, delivery schedules and overall project profitability
- Contribute to the refinement of standard product designs to facilitate the implementation of new technologies, performance improvements, cost reductions, and reduced manufacturing throughput times
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related scientific/technical field
- In lieu of a 4-year technical degree, an associates degrees and/or relevant work experience in HVAC, electrical or mechanical design field(s)
- Strong leadership, time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple, overlapping projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of refrigeration and/or electrical systems with prior design experience
- Knowledge of sheet metal design and fabrication
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of parametric 3D modeling and product data management software
- Experience with Made2Manage, or other ERP software
Please fill out the form and submit your resume below.
This role entails working closely with design engineers to assist them with designing parts for manufacturability. Once a design becomes an order, this position will program all parts to be laser cut, CNC bent, and advise on part welding procedures. This position will then assist with the production of these parts by collaborating with plant management, scheduling, and machine operators to ensure that all parts are manufactured safely to the highest level of accuracy and quality. This position will also assist with machinery maintenance and diagnosing quality issues.
We are looking for a motivated individual to help document and improve manufacturing related tasks throughout the company. Recent Grads are welcome to apply as we have an immediate need for help.
Duties and Expectations:
- Review sheet metal parts for standardization to be produced
- Knowledge of SolidWorks and sheet metal parts design within SolidWorks
- Ability to create shop drawings from SolidWorks models
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication methods
- Program 2D Laser and CNC controlled sheet metal folders and press brakes
- Create standard CNC nest programs
- Create and maintain a library of programs
- Develop best practice for CNC equipment and utilization
- Program robotic welding and other automation equipment
- Provide technical support to the shop floor
- Liaison between shop floor & engineering
- Maintain ISO certification status and communicate with all team members associated with quality audits and inspections
- Ability to use standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Collaboration with Design engineering team to review parts and design manufacturability.
- Bachelors or better in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, or a related field
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks and support production needs with limited support
- Strong working knowledge of word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Familiarity with SolidWorks CAD is a plus.
Territory Sales Manager
Reports to: Sales Manager
- Direct interface with customers
- Outbound prospecting via account/contact research and cold calling to generate and uncover opportunities
- Achieve or exceed goal for qualified meetings on a monthly basis
- Research targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call
- Produce high level of call and email activity daily
- Expand company and competitive product and market knowledge via website, online webinars, and marketing information
- Manage and log activity in CRM system
- Develop and implement strategies to drive new customer sales growth within the current open territory
- Provide detailed product knowledge using highly persuasive presentation skills
- Work with Sales Support Specialist to ensure prompt and accurate product quotes are sent to potential customers
- Support aspects of order entry which include specifications, production requirements, production methods, scheduling, order entry, order tracking and problem resolution
- Resolve customer inquiries by investigating problems; developing solutions; offering prompt resolutions; making recommendations to Sales Manager
- Contact clients on a regular basis to maintain good relationships.
- Responsible for submitting activity and results reports, daily call reports, weekly work plans, along with monthly and annual territory analyses
- Attract potential customers by answering product and application questions. Assist with lead follow-up as necessary. Maintain regular contact with prospects
- Travel 1 week per month minimum. Would include sales visits and tradeshows. Some weekend travel is required. Responsible for booking all travel and maintain expense reports.
- Has an interest in agriculture and technology – Preferred but not required
- Sales Background with preference in field sales and presentations
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prefer knowledge of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software system
- Ability to work collaboratively with the sales team
- Is well-organized, self-motivated and driven by success individually and in a team environment
- Is at ease on the phone and able to engage diverse personalities