Percival Scientific is a leader in manufacturing white and spectrum-specific LED lighting applications for research chambers and other scientific purposes. We offer a range of high-quality LED configurations. Choose from our various white and SciBrite LED lighting configurations for consistent and reliable performance.
Contact our representatives at email@example.com for a customized LED solution.
Flat Panel LEDs
LEDs are an excellent replacement for a broad range of scientific applications that have traditionally used fluorescent lighting. White and spectrum-specific LED lighting is used where medium-intensity, low-heat lighting is required, including applications in laboratories studying plant and insect growth.
- Minimal spectral degradation occurs as lamps age, making LEDs more reliable and uniform than fluorescent lamps
- White and spectrum-specific LED lighting have excellent performance at low operating temperatures
- Spectrum-specific LED lights can be used to control the impact of light quality and wavelength on plants
- LEDs can easily be dimmed or brightened as required without losing performance
- Can be designed with a close-knit bulb configuration for better light uniformity
- White and spectrum-specific LED lamps use up to 47% less energy than traditional bulbs
- Typically deploys a heat-sinking method that draws waste heat away from the LED chips, allowing closer placement of plants
- Less heat is rejected into the controlled environment, improving volumetric temperature uniformity
- White and spectrum-specific LED lighting require careful selection to achieve the desired results
- LED lamps and fixtures can have a slightly higher initial cost than fluorescent or HID lamps