Percival Scientific, a leader in the use of LED lighting application in research chambers, is proud to offer a number of LED lighting configurations. Benefits may vary based on the lighting configuration you choose. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a customized solution.
WHITE TURN-KEY LEDS
Flat Panel LEDs
PERCIVAL SCI-BRITE LEDS
Spectrum-Specific Tunable LEDs
LEDs are an excellent replacement for a broad range of applications that have traditionally used fluorescent lighting, including plant and insect growth.
- Minimal spectral degradation as lamps age; maintains uniformity well as LEDs age
- Excellent performance at low operating temperatures
- Can be used to control the impact of light quality and wavelength on plants
- Easily dimmable
- Can be designed with close bulb configuration for better light uniformity
- Uses up to 47% less energy than traditional bulbs
- Typically deploys an active heat-sinking method which draws waste heat away from the LED chips, allowing for closer placement to plants
- Less heat rejected into the controlled environment; promotes improved volumetric temperature uniformity
- Requires careful selection in order to achieve desired results
- Can have higher initial cost than fluorescent and HID bulbs